kuksenok /about /now
This is what I am up to right now. Please see "about" for a CV, professional history, etc.
February 2017: Technicolor Dreambox
- Several projects using Arduino (programmable circuit board) and Processing (programming environment for interactive visual art).
- Highlight: In phäno Wolfsburg, on set for the film Q, supporting LED wearables and installations with my husband, roboticist Heinrich Mellmann.
January 2017: Starting Point
- Started new position as developer at SAP ICN in Potsdam
- First appearance on the "How We Manage Stuff" podcast as a resident expert
there are so many things I don't know but want to know
December 2016: Curriculum
- Last month I finished my first major Coursera course and got really hooked. I have since made progress on about a dozen other courses, and made a small curriculum-management system.
- You can see what it outputs here: Curriculum
- Subjects I'm exploring: music theory, sociology, comics, graphic design, cosmology, philosophy, history, creative writing, linguistics, statistics, witches and mythology, biology, urban design and architecture... learning all the things!
Tracking my dissertation progress, in units of "science," which, here, mean anywhere between 15 minutes of very good work or 3 hours of very crappy work.
November 2016: Things
- I am thinking a lot about how individuals do creative work in an evolving, social ecosystem of things. Here are some of the things in my life.
- New thing: GistNote, a highlighter for Chrome. It is replacing a pinterest board called "Readings" that has no further organization over the articles I pinned.
- Fave thing: Beeminder! Combined with RescueTime and Duolingo to help articulate actionable goals and track progress. Using it nearly daily for over a year - one goal, "write PhD dissertation" is pictured to the right.
- Thing-be-gone: 4 more major extractions in my quest to cull various online accounts: Mint.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, Behance