kuksenok /about /now
This is what I am up to right now. Please see "about" for a CV, professional history, etc.
July-September 2017: (Provisional) Travel Itinerary
- July 6 - 18: Belgrade (et al?)
- Jule 21 - August 14: Japan
- August 14 - 22: Seattle
- August 22 - 28: South Carolina
- August 29 - September 1: Sheffield (for ECSCW)
- September 1 - ?: TBD
- Sign up for the travel newsletter here
June 2017: Summertime
- Starting summer off to a spectacular start with Serendipity Camp 2017 at the Ostsee, with our close friends and many, many inspired projects. The video on the right is a quick overview of the structures and ligths we set up in a really beautiful campground on a cliff by the sea.
- Good news, everyone: ECSCW paper accepted!
February 2017: Technicolor Dreambox
- Several projects using Arduino (programmable circuit board) and Processing (programming environment for interactive visual art).
- Highlight: In phäno Wolfsburg, on set for the film Q, supporting LED wearables and installations with my husband, roboticist Heinrich Mellmann.
there are so many things I don't know but want to know
January 2017: The Start of Something
- Started new position as developer at SAP ICN in Potsdam
- First appearance on the "How We Manage Stuff" podcast as a resident expert
December 2016: Curriculum
- Last month I finished my first major Coursera course and got really hooked. I have since made progress on about a dozen other courses, and made a small curriculum-management system.
- You can see what it outputs here: Curriculum
- Subjects I'm exploring: music theory, sociology, comics, graphic design, cosmology, philosophy, history, creative writing, linguistics, statistics, witches and mythology, biology, urban design and architecture... learning all the things!
Tracking my dissertation progress, in units of "science," which, here, mean anywhere between 15 minutes of very good work or 3 hours of very crappy work.
November 2016: Things
- I am thinking a lot about how individuals do creative work in an evolving, social ecosystem of things. Here are some of the things in my life.
- New thing: GistNote, a highlighter for Chrome. It is replacing a pinterest board called "Readings" that has no further organization over the articles I pinned.
- Fave thing: Beeminder! Combined with RescueTime and Duolingo to help articulate actionable goals and track progress. Using it nearly daily for over a year - one goal, "write PhD dissertation" is pictured to the right.
- Thing-be-gone: 4 more major extractions in my quest to cull various online accounts: Mint.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, Behance